FindProCoaches.com was formed as a resource, a connector, and supporter of continuous growth – spotlighting the valuable tool of coaching. From athletic coaching to executive coaching the commonality is that the coach combines their skills, strategies and expertise to support the client (i.e. athlete or executive) in doing the necessary work on/in the field.
As Marcia Reynolds mentions in her book The Discomfort Zone, “No one—not rock stars, not professional athletes, not software billionaires, and not even geniuses—ever makes it alone.”
That’s why having a coach in your corner can be such a valuable resource! We also recognize that the word “coaching” means different things to different people.
So, how do we define “coaching” at FindProCoaches.com?
First, we look to a few experts…
- A pioneer of executive coaching, Sir John Whitmore’s said: “Coaching is unlocking a person’s potential to maximize their own performance. It’s helping them to learn rather than teaching them.”
Another professional definition by:
- International Coaching Federation (ICF) defines coaching as, “partnering with clients in a thought–provoking and creative process that inspires them to maximize their personal and professional potential.”
Secondly, we acknowledge that in “coaching” today, many coaches balance their roles with a variety of skills (i.e. mentoring, training and consulting).
Our aim is not to dictate what “coaching” must be – but to highlight professional definitions of coaching and help raise awareness of what makes coaching unique.
At FindProCoaches.com, we want to highlight your coaching success stories! If you’ve had a client reach new heights from the work you’ve done together, we want to hear about it. Submit a blog entry of your coaching success story here.
What do we stand for?
At FindProCoaches.com we know that sharing values brings people together. As you network to grow your business you’ll probably find that when you meet someone whose values align with yours, you want to connect with each other. As you do, you build the know, like and trust factor. Therefore we want to share our values with you! We value:
- Transcendence: That is, to inspire creativity, purpose and meaning.
- Challenge: Coaching contributes to a learning adventure, which requires courage to expand in new directions.
- Community: We all have a fundamental, human need to belong and within that community, a need to be seen and heard.
- Autonomy: The choice to expand our individual power, or strengths, and strive toward our best version through continual growth.
If you value these things as much as we do, be sure to create a free listing so we can start to get to know more about you! Once you do, you can contribute your expertise on the blog by writing for us too. We love to read about the success your clients have had and your unique perspective regarding the coaching you do. Submit an article here.